Saturday, June 23, 2007

What's in a name?

A couple in New Zealand are fighting to be able to name their baby son 4Real. I'm not surprised, given that most of the girls I work with give their babies made up names - or conventional names spelt with random Ps, Zs and, for some reason, hyphens and apostrophes thrown in for good measure - and it was only a matter of time before numbers came into the equation. I'm slightly surprised that the NZ authorities have already had to put the kybosh on 'Satan' and 'Adolf Hitler' in the past, but what do I know? Tudor & I insisted - quite seriously - that if we had a son we would give him the middle name 'Danger', so he had a good cheesy chat-up line to use later in life. It is possibly a good thing that our relationship was never fruitful.

No comments: