Monday, October 25, 2004

The End Result & Soggy Fireworks

Just thought I'd post a picture of the results of my hard night's labour (pun intended - though technically it wasn't my hard labour but otherwise the pun didn't really work and so...oh forget it):

Baby Kairan & me -you can probably tell we've had a long night... Posted by Hello

I got back at about 9.30am Sunday morning, had about 4 hours sleep and then got up to go to my dad's house for food and fireworks. Basically, every year we have a fireworks in memory of my step-brother Nick, who died 5 years ago this year. The food was fantastic, as it always is at dad & Jackie's (next time you hear we're going over there I thoroughly recommend you invite yourself along). However, this year, just as we started with a few taster fireworks, the heavens opened and the subsequent monsoon conditions meant we had to abandon play. Was Nick trying to tell us something, we wondered? A few hours later when we decided to head off I looked around for my handbag containing all my worldly goods including my iPod, only to discover it still outside on the patio, as wet as an otter's pocket. Bugger.

Quite tired still now...

No comments: