Monday, October 11, 2004

Dear Diary, today was a GOOD day...

Attended a really really lovely homebirth this morning. The woman was having her third baby and they really couldn't be a more delightful family. Both her other children were there (they are both under 3) and the look of amazement when they saw their baby sister's head come out was fantastic. If there are any of you out there who still think birth is a scary, horrible thing that needs to take place in a hospital, I really wish you could have been there to see how wrong you can be. It was quite quite beautiful.


Job's a good 'un! Posted by Hello

Shortly after I left there, I got a phone call from the woman I was talking about yesterday, who has been having a tough time breastfeeding. My colleague (and friend) Cindy had gone round there after the homebirth and the baby was suckling really well - the woman was as proud as punch!

Went to see Dodgeball this afternoon to recover from all the excitement. It's hardly going to change my life, but it was very amusing nonetheless. Can't beat a good underdog story...

No comments: