Thursday, October 14, 2004

Busy busy busy

Been a very busy week at work. My partner Alison is away this week and I've been trying to squeeze a bunch of her work in as well as my own and I've had some pretty tricky things to deal with too. Still the working week is nearly all over for me - because of the way we work i.e. on call every other weekend, we always have three days on our off-call weekend so we can guarantee 3 days off in a fortnight. Does that make sense? Basically I get either Friday or Monday as well as the weekend because the following weekend I might not get any days off depending on what's going on baby-wise... So tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with my ex-brother-in-law (there's a lot of hyphens in that, isn't there?) followed by, oh, who knows, a bit of a shop? Seems rude not to...

By the way, I've just had a baby named Ella Mia after me - this is the girl who was having all the breastfeeding problems (all going fine now thank you). I'm very touched indeed. AND she let me have some Jamaican Ginger Cake whilst I was there today. Does life get any better I ask myself?

With the big election in the States coming up, see who you think has the best moves between Kerry and Bush. No contest as far as I'm concerned...kick redneck ass Kerry!

No comments: