Monday, September 29, 2008

We're having big fun

You know when you go to one of those kid's soft play areas with your own, or a friend's, children and think to yourself: 'That looks like fun. I wish I could have a go'? Well as it turns out, you can.

Last night, for Liddi's birthday treat, a huge hoard of 17/18 year olds turned up at Big Fun in Hull, where we rolled, jumped, climbed, slid and bumped our way through a huge warehouse of soft stuff. Jenny and I joined in the fun, racing round and giggling, and it was only as we ran, gasping, to get a drink at the end that we passed a sign saying 'Children remain the responsiblity of their supervising adults' that we suddenly remembered that that was supposed to be us! Oops. The 'death' slide, which begins with a 7 metre sheer drop, was a particularly terrifying prospect at first. I sat at the top for several minutes saying to the supervising member of staff 'This is ridiculous; I'm not even afraid of heights! I used to climb for a living! Why can't I do this?' but eventually my pride got the better of me and I pushed off. After that, nothing could stop me of course, and I did it around 15 times in all.

Big fun was had by all.

No comments: