Sunday, September 28, 2008

Waiting

I can't pretend it's not slightly torturous waiting to go to New Zealand. I've got seven weeks to go (as from tomorrow) and it seems to be going terribly slowly. When I was waiting to go off to Canada time went so much more quickly because I was working up until 4 weeks before I left, which always helps, and had other things* going on which kept me fully occupied. Now, I'm knocking around Yorkshire, which is lovely in many ways, but given that all my friends live daaarrrn saarf, my social life is limited to my immediate family. Not that they're not lovely, of course. I've applied to do some temping work but as yet, nothing has arisen. There's nothing more irritating than not working, because all you seem to do is spend the money you don't have.

I still have things I need to do with regards to my flat, things I can't do while I'm ooop north, like re-painting my bathroom ceiling (don't have a long enough pole for the roller to do it from here), so all the extra spare time is merely frustrating. I spend my time obsessively going over what I still need to do (but can't just now) and what I need to buy (but can't afford to) and playing around on the internet (obviously). Add to that the fact that I'm missing Isaac like crazy and thought I talk to him every day, it just makes me miss him more and mope around a bit because I can't snuggle up with him to watch a film.

Any suggestions of (free) distractions will be very welcome. For example, I have been downloading English comedy series that I think Isaac will like, such as Green Wing, Black Books and Nathan Barley. Any other essentials you can think of?

*things I do not discuss in such a public forum, sorry about that. Jeez I'm annoying

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IT Crowd ?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't annonymous! It's me Clairey P!!!