Sunday, September 21, 2008

No getting out of it now...

I'm booked! In eight weeks and one day's time I will be flying from Heathrow to LA to meet up with the lovely lovely Isaac - just can't wait to see him - and after one night there we will be flying on together to Auckland to spend a year travelling and working around New Zealand. We plan to buy a campervan and potter around doing...well, whatever the hell we fancy doing to be honest!

It will be the first time Isaac's been out of Canada (apart from a brief sojourn to Florida when he was a kid*) and I suspect he's going to be getting pretty nervous; he's not the only one. Even though I've essentially done this before in Canada, I'm nervous about how I'm going to cope money-wise (I don't have the same savings as I had before), about how my flat is going to run itself (am renting it out through an agent this time, so no friends in there to make sure it stays nice), how we'll survive living out of a campervan and whether the campervan will break down beyond repair, and about how we're going to find work. But hell, I'm sure we'll be fine, it'll all work out. If I have even half as much fun as I did in Canada, it'll be amazing. And the nice thing is this time I'll be doing it with someone else by my side, someone I love very much, which is fabulous.

Rest assured, gentle reader, I shall keep you informed every step of the way...

*what do you mean, he still is one? Cheeky.

No comments: