Monday, December 10, 2007

Xmas nut run

Forgive me, but I'm a leeeeetle bit drunk. It was the staff Christmas party up on the hill tonight and, though it wasn't exactly brilliant, I felt in the mood for a drink or two. I've actually had 4 gin and tonics, but I'm fairly sure they were all watered down because I should be far drunker on 4 gins than I am. Anyway, that aside.

My supervisor, Pat, decided at some point in the evening that he might fancy doing a 'nut run'. This involved him running naked, in only his shoes and visor, from the Daylodge (where the party was held), to the gondola station, to Trappers (the pub on the hill) and back to the Daylodge, around a 3 minute round trip, which in -20 degrees probably seems longer than that. He was slightly concerned he might end up fired over it, so his friends collected pledges for the nut run all night and finally, when Pat had accumulated over $100 and the last gondola down the hill was approaching, he decided to go for it. He did the run and raced back to the Daylodge, only to find to his horror that the first person he ran into as he entered the Daylodge, stark bollock naked, was Ralph Scurfield, our CEO. Ralph handed him a $20 note, saying "Good effort son".

Priceless.

No comments: