Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Beaver

Errmmm... it appears to be the 17th December. That's just over a week till Christmas. How the hell did that happen? Despite the snow and twinkly lights, it's very easy to miss that it's Christmas here, what with us all just working and skiing/snowboarding all the time, though to give her credit where it's due, Laura has done a sterling job of trying to Christmasfy the Beaver with the fake tree and decorations we found behind the sofa. Zander & I spent the other day at work desperately trying to find out if we could buy an actual beaver to roast for Christmas dinner, but sadly it seems it's not going to be possible. Still, we had a whole day of 'eating beaver' jokes, which was some comfort at least*. I found some great recipes for beaver stuffed with pork***.

I'm supposed to have done some online Christmas shopping for home, which I thought I had plenty of time to do, but it seems I don't. I just ordered 2 presents for my nephews, thinking I had got in under the Xmas deadline, but it seems in my confirmation email that I haven't. Darn it. Sorry boys. Have sent Liddi (my niece) something from here but knowing the Canadian post, it won't arrive until around February, so better get something else sorted too. Oh and I've got a Secret Santa, which the Aussies apparently call a Kris Kringle by the way, to buy for the Beaver Massive.

I probably ought to stop sitting around and actually get on with it then!

*The thing I love about living on Beaver** is that beaver jokes only ever get funnier the more you tell them
**See?
***Oh stop it, you're killing me!

No comments: