Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shredding the gnar

Whenever the boys go snowboarding, they tell us they're going to 'shred the gnar'. Well, today, Amy & I may not have shredded the gnar, but we certainly agitated it a little. Kicked it around a bit with our toes, as it were. We stuck mainly to green runs but did go up Lookout Mountain on the Continental Divide lift (which crosses into British Columbia and back to Alberta on the journey!) and discovered there were only blue runs, so we did that too. Unfortunately when I stacked it on Angel the other day I hurt my leg, which had been fine during the easy runs, but when I was trying to carve sharply across the run to control my speed on the steep downhill, I found it became really painful and ended up giving way on several occasions. Annoying, because I actually felt up to the task in other respects. Anyway, good runs: good funs, or something like that. And would you look at the views?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a gnar, please?

Anonymous said...

Accordingy to my Brother (a snowboarder himself),to 'Shred the gnar' means that you have pulled a cool trick.

Mia said...

Urban Dictionary tells us:

'shred the gnar' is used to describe something in action sports that was either totally wicked or a bad crash.

"oh man i totally shred the gnar on that crash", "you were definitely shreddin' the gnar on 3"

So now you know. I certainly shredded the gnar the other day when I nearly broke my goddamn leg!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It's nice to learn new words.