Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Boing...*

Thank goodness the weather's looking up! And, now the clocks have gone forward, it's so nice to find it's a bit lighter in the evenings. Went up to Yorkshire at the weekend - nice to see the family (hi guys!) - and it was even warm up there. I was boiling in my goosedown coat.


Did I say I have a new car? Here it is. It's lovely. It's nice to be back in a Volkswagen and not to have to worry about spending the GNP of a small country on petrol every month (not to mention the insurance & tax). Don't get me wrong, my Saab (Thor) has been absolutely brilliant and just what I needed over the past year, given that I've moved four times and bought shelves, chest of drawers and wardrobes a-plenty. But now I need something cheaper to run and the Polo is ideal. It's got very low mileage and full service history, runs very well. Pretty impressed with the 1.4l engine; to my surprise, she's a bit of a goer! Okay, so it's got a few bumps and scratches from the previous owner and the passenger door is a bit reluctant to open pending a bit of jiggery pokery but the nice thing is it means I don't have to be worried about it. Plan is to keep it till it falls apart. Only thing I need to sort out now is a name. Any suggestions? The number plate, in case it inspires you, is BJM, which is great for two reasons. Firstly, it stands for the British Journal of Midwifery, which is very appropriate, and secondly it looks a bit like BUM, which is very funny. Or is that just me...?

*A clever reference to spring springing.

No comments: