Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Wot No Comments?

I haven't had any comments from my family on my blog yet - most disappointed in you all. I thought I might at least have something insulting from Benj! Ah well, you're all busy people now I suppose...

Thought I'd try to update you all on some interesting things that are happening Chez Davies at the moment. They're really all to do with Tudor as he's the interesting one in the family. Firstly, we are both heading off to Cycle 2004 tomorrow to set up our Lightrider stand. The show runs from Thursday (press/trade day) though to Sunday and we will be demonstrating - and, rather excitingly, selling - Lightrider there. Officially, it is the Launch of Lightrider so fingers crossed they all sells like hotcakes. Or cold cakes. Or any kind of cakes in my book. Yum...cake.... Anyway, if you want to come along and say hello then please do!

Secondly, Tudor has been rehearsing for his upcoming gig with arco, which is our friend Chris Healey's band. With the release of their new album, Restraint (which is jolly good), they are playing a small number of promo gigs and asked Tudor if he'd come along and play keyboard. It's the first time he's played a gig for...well, a very long time indeed and he's rather nervous about it I think. Chris rules the band with a rod of iron (or so I've heard...) and Tudor isn't allowed to play any of his usual power chords, cheesy 80s synth sounds or to wear his cape because apparently they 'aren't that kind of band' or something. Even his dry ice machine has been confiscated. Ah well, they clearly don't know what makes a good keyboard player.

Speaking of music, have you heard this? (If for any reason that link doesn't work you can dowload it here instead) William Shatner sings Pulp's Common People. Yes really. I'm really rather taken with it, I must say. I've been playing it alot...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Pulp singing with William Shatner ?? William Shatner's singing reminds me of Kojak's 1970's hit "If". ie, don't give up the day job! Talking of which, have you seen him in that advert for bran flakes, or something?? When he first comes in through the patio doors, he reminds me of dad! Jenny.

Mia said...

Actually, it's Joe Jackson who does the singing bit. He of 'Stepping Out' fame... curious, huh?