Sunday, September 26, 2004


Tudor at the Lightrider helm... Posted by Hello

Phew! We've finally finished at the Cycle 2004 exhibition and we are absolutely knackered. If I ever have to say "It's a brand new type of bike light that as well as a forwards facing beam, also has a rear facing beam which illuminates the rider as well as the road ahead..." or words to that effect, I will scream. That said, it was a great success for us, we sold 47 lights in total and got a very enthusiastic response from 99% of people. We now have a solid wodge of cash here and so I'm planning to re-create the Mena Suvari shot from American Beauty using Tudor and £20 notes instead of rose petals...I probably won't post it on here. Unless it's very good. But sadly, the money is not ours, it belongs to Demand Technology, the makers of the light, and we have to hand it over tomorrow. Boo!

Tomorrow I go back to work. Or more accurately, I go back to college. I'm starting a course in Sexual Health and Contraception which is one day a week for six months and will be studying back at Thames Valley Uni, so that will be a bit strange. Can't believe it's a year since I qualified, seems to have flown by in a whirl of antenatal visits and births, which is no bad thing at all. I'm rather apprehensive about going back to work I must admit, particularly since I spoke to my partner Alison earlier and it seems to all have kicked off a bit whilst I was on holiday - not exactly my fault but I'm feeling pretty guilty nonetheless...long story but all to do with a woman who's due date changed and ended up having a long induction of labour and a caesarean section whilst I was away...you really don't want to be bored with the details. Anyway, I'm hoping I haven't upset too many people.

It was my lovely niece Liddi's 14th birthday today, I got her a Pucca bag and three DVDs - Roxanne, The Money Pit and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Got to get her up to date with classic 80s films...I tried to get The Breakfast Club but couldn't find it. If you have any suggestions for good 80s films then let me know and I'll pass them on, she doesn't mind if they've dated a bit...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Harry Met Sally; Star Wars (the first one); Chinatown; On Her Majesty's Secret Service; It's A Wonderful Life; Birth of a Nation. There's also a brilliant film of a train rushing towards the camera, but I think it might be before the 80's.

What is Tudor's bike light, then?

Mia said...

Thank you for your suggestions. Whoever you are! Tudor's bike light...well for more information please see http://www.lightrider.co.uk

Lisa said...

Sendit.com has the breakfast club (on VHS only). And, what's more, they give you a discount if you buy weird science at the same time!