Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Speedy laptops & broken hearts

So firstly, thanks to Silas who helped me whip my laptop into shape last night. It has been getting soooooo sloooooooooow on start up it was in danger of being broken into many many tiny little pieces, so I started by transferring all my music onto my external hard drive, freeing up a whole 15Gb! Then I ran disk cleanup and defragged it all like a good girl. Then - and this is where I became very clever indeed - I added some more RAM (giving me 496 big ones in total - which, of course, is far less impressive than it might first appear) before, finally, requesting remote assistance from Silas who checked that all my...well...bits were in order. Because I wasn't entirely sure what all my bits should look like. But anyway, he said they looked good. So that was nice.

Secondly, I can't believe that Steph & Max have split up*. I mean, come on. I know Max accidentally-on-purpose run over and killed Cameron - though he thought him to be his evil twin Robert at the time - and then got his head screwed over by Elle (Cameron's sister) who kept moving his car and baby and so on so he went a bit mad, then run off and disappeared, later sending a message to Steph via the Salvation Army to tell her to move on, after which she fell in love with her best friend Toady, who'd been there for her the whole time and did try to save her from the bad guy Guy, who shot Toady in the back and now he lives with a fragment of bullet in his spine, which might move and paralyse or kill him at any point, so when he came out of his coma he and Steph finally professed their love for each other, just before Max turned up again after having been spotted and followed by Elle, who was now very remorseful about her behaviour and and so told Janae, who had approached him and asked him to come home, which he did, which meant that Steph had to give it another go with him, what with them being married and having a child together and all that, which left Toady heartbroken. But Steph & Max've been through so much together, what with hating each other at first, and Steph heading off on a round Australia trip with some other loser bloke then coming back because she realised she loved Max (best kiss ever in a soap) , pursuading Boyd and Summer that she wasn't trying to replace their dead mum and then eloping to get married in jeans and Steph getting breast cancer and subsequently recovering, then getting pregnant with baby Charlie (the ugliest child in television), then getting the cancer back and refusing treatment until she gave birth and recovering again despite no one expecting her to.... I suspect she'll get back together with Toady which will be nice for Toady because he's very nice and has had a rough time himself, what with his wife dying on their wedding day when he crashed the car with the dodgy brakes into the sea. Anyway, I just think it's very sad. And sloppy writing.

*yes, very sorry, I am talking about Neighbours

No comments: