Friday, September 22, 2006

The divine and the bizarre

Yesterday I acquired something really cool: Limequats.















Perhaps you may like to use these mini-marvels in segment form to accompany smoked salmon blinis. Clearly the ultimate in fruit minaturisation; something I've long approved of.

I decided to take a photo of it and looked for something I could use for scale. I couldn't find a pickaxe, so instead I came across an old tupp'ny bit that I thought would do the job nicely. Anyway, I took a few photos, including the one above, and then decided to try a few with flash, to see if it looked better. But when I did the strangest thing happened...

The two penny piece disappeared!


Later, I asked around and a neighbour told me that there did used to be a tupp'ny bit that lived here, but it died in a mysterious fire. An old pound note was arrested but the charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. But apparently, sometimes, if you listen very carefully, when the Bank of England announce an increase in the base rate, you can still hear it clinking as it bounces and rolls across the floor...

No comments: