Friday, January 13, 2006

Hello again...

I'm back - again, I guess. Just can't keep away now, can I?

Oh how I'd love this blog to be all about giving you the odd little amusing tit-bit that allows you a little insight into my lovely life but sadly, I just can't do that anymore. Instead, I'll have to content myself with saying what I've been up to and a little of how I'm feeling - very sorry if it's too morose for you! I don't even know if anyone is going to read this anymore anyway but there's something cathartic about it for me...

So here's me at the moment, some good some bad:
  • I have moved into my lovely flat (yes, the one I was about to lose when I last posted) - hurrah! It is just as lovely as I hoped, it really is. It's very small but I do relish getting up and pottering around in my own, clean and tidy (ahem) flat, looking out over my beautiful view (it's over the Broadwater Lake in Weybridge) and spotting as many different birds as I can. Who'd have thought I'd turn into Bill Oddie?
  • My divorce from Tudor has been finalised. Yes, it was all very quick (Tudor's wish). I feel just awful about it but nothing I can do. If there were, I would. I can only hope that things will get better one day.
  • I've finally got broadband! That's why I'm back etc. etc. And it's WIRELESS too, so don't I just feel like the cat who got the proverbial.
  • Just been on holiday to Lanzarote with my Dad, my step-mum, Jackie and her mother Gisela. No jokes about saddos in their 30s who go on holiday with their parents, thanks. We were all ill - me with a cold that I've STILL got and have had since 27th December, the bugger - but Dad was the worst and ended up being admitted to hospital whilst we were out there with the beginnings of pneumonia and (don't laugh) gout. Not connected but both occurred simultaneously for sheer convenience. He was told to give up smoking, red wine and red meat, which he did...for a whole day. Way to go Dad!
  • Christmas was bloody awful. Really really awful. Well, that's unfair, Christmas Day was really rather nice, thanks to my friends Phillip and Zoe, who rescued me from spending it alone by inviting me over. But the Christmas period was just the worst I've ever had and far worse than I thought I could be. When you go from being someone who enjoys the whole thing thoroughly to being someone who finds themselves sitting on Christmas Eve with the phone in one hand, the number for the Samaritans in the other, crying so hard you think your eyes might fall out, it's bound to shock you a little. I saw in the New Year sobbing in my sister's bathroom too. Well, I guess next year's can only be better...
  • All this means that I have a very flexible social calendar at the moment so if anyone fancies getting together for a drink, I'm pretty sure I'll be free. Try me!

No comments: