Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Salsa to Sleep

My word, this bed is bloomin' comfy! It's like sleeping on a cloud... My tip? Buy a cheap 13 tog hollowfibre duvet - I got mine for £8 at Tesco - and put it on top of the mattress (under the sheet). It adds a drop of sheer luxury for next to no cost! A similar mattress pad at Ikea would set you back £60 for a double, £80 for a king...

By the way, has everyone discovered MoneySavingExpert? Brilliant. Sign up for their weekly email and you'll save yourself a bomb. Martin Lewis is the guy who does all the financial legwork for you, then passes on his wisdom so you can get the best deal on mortgages/insurance/credit cards/utilities/phone bills - you name it. Plus it will let you know about current good deals on things like DVD recorders or TVs. What have you got to lose?

I went to my Salsa class last night - it was packed! A whole load of new beginners and I, three lessons in, have now moved up to the Improvers class. I'm told (she said feeling just a little bit big-headed) that I'll be in the advanced class in no time at all... It's funny, every week between classes I think to myself 'It sounds so naff, going to Salsa classes. It is a bit naff actually. Maybe I won't go next week' and then when Tuesday comes around I drag myself off, telling myself that it's better than going to the gym, and find I really enjoy it! I mean, when you watch two really good Salsa dancers together, the whole thing is so fluid, they seem to ebb and flow around each other, and I look at them thinking: I want to be able to do that! The women, no matter what their size, shape or age, ooze sensuality and the blokes ain't too bad neither! This week I had a new instructor called Ben, who was...Chinese?...and had been Salsa dancing for 15 years. It's amazing how easy it is to dance with a good partner. If they lead you, you effortlessly follow, producing moves you had no idea you knew how to do! As someone who's always considered themselves, well, if not having 2 left feet exactly, then a pretty uncoordinated dancer, it's gratifying to be able to twist and twirl your way around the dancefloor. So I think I'll keep it up for now...

No comments: