Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Small child turns 18 and scary stuff happens


Afro Ben hits 18 Posted by Hello

Spent the weekend in Yorkshire as it was my nephew Benj's 18th birthday. 18?!?!?! My God, I remember him as a tiny tiny baby...oh well, that's not exactly true as he was nearly 10lbs at birth so in fact he was huge even then. Anyway, we had a nice meal at my sister Jenny's house in order to celebrate his coming-of-age. He's learning to drive and I made him drive me to my sister's house, which was surprisingly unscary.

Tudor and I met up on Monday and I'm very sad to say we've decided to go ahead with divorce proceedings. Can't really think of anything else to say about it, you can probably imagine what I'm feeling about it all.

Slightly nervous about even typing this, as it all seems a bit unreal and grown up, but in the name of 'moving on', I've just put an offer on a flat that I saw a while back and absolutely loved. I thought it would have long gone, but apparently they had a buyer which fell through so it's back on the market and I didn't want to let it go again. It's in Weybridge/Walton borders and in excellent decorative order which is good, because if I get it I won't have enough money to do anything with it! In fact, even getting a bed or a fridge or something to sit on will probably be impossible at first, but I reckon it's worth it. I'll just camp for the first few months...! I know what you're thinking - it's a bit far for work isn't it? - but I certainly can't afford anything in London and it's really not that far. I'm not often travelling in the rush hour so I can do the journey to work in about 30/40 mins if the road is clear, not much further than getting to Battersea! And I have a bit of an urge to go home, with all that's happened. So now we just wait to see if they accept my offer, which is a bit below the asking price and if not...well I'm not sure what I'll do. So fingers crossed for me please. If I get it, I'll invite you for a housewarming do. You might just have to come one at a time though, as it's only lickle...

No comments: