Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A tentative return...

Hello everyone. Firstly, although I can't believe there's anyone who doesn't already know, let me explain why I haven't blogged for...well about 3 months now. The short version is that I split up with Tudor in January so it seemed somewhat trivial to think about blogging. I also didn't want to air our dirty laundry in public, as it were. Tudor never liked me blogging at the best of times - he didn't really get it and found it distasteful that anyone could read what we've been up to - so I didn't want to upset him any more than was strictly necessary. But as things are settling down a little, I thought I'd start it up again, tentatively of course, and let you all know I'm okay. Which I kind of am. I'll not be getting too personal, don't really think that's fair on anyone, but I'll let you know if I've been up to anything really interesting!

For example. Two weeks ago I had a bike accident. Classic story, I was coming over the brow of a hill, saw someone waiting to pull out from a side road at the bottom and something told me that he was about to do something stupid so I began to slow down, although, with hindsight, not enough, obviously. Sure enough, just as I approached him, he pulled out and I had to brake hard to avoid him. I'm not sure if he just didn't see me, or thought he just had enough time to pull out before I reached him. Well, I would have got away with it if it hadn't just started raining pretty hard and the road surface, which was newly laid, was obviously pretty slippy. As soon as I touched the brakes the bike slipped from under me, leaving me bouncing down the road at 30mph. The driver in question drove off (I hope for his sake) oblivious. I was lucky, nowt was broken, but I did have a nasty gash to my chin - thanks to the shoddy behaviour of my Roof Boxer helmet which I urge everyone to shun - which took 3 stitches, although I was investigated for a fractured jaw at first, which put the willies up me I can tell you. Other than that, just grazed knees and elbows. Thanks to all at the West Middlesex A&E which was great. Anyway, I'm now on the mend, stitches are out and the gash is healing very very nicely, as you can see:


HIDEOUS. But the scar isn't too bad... Posted by Hello

And last weekend I went to a wedding where they had, in addition to a spit roast pig AND a spit roast lamb, a chocolate fountain:


A chocolate fountain. A fountain of chocolate. A FOUNTAIN of CHOCOLATE Posted by Hello

As I still had my stitches in at that point, I had several comments to the tune of "Excuse me, but you've got some chocolate on your chin..."

No comments: