Thursday, April 14, 2005

Who Should You Vote For?

Yesterday I was sent a link to a site which gives you a series of questions about tax, immigration and so on and then, after asking who you expect you will be voting for and matching your replies with actual party policies, it makes a suggestion about who you should vote for in the next election. Here are my results:


Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for?

Your expected outcome:

Liberal Democrat


Your actual outcome:



Labour -18
Conservative -25
Liberal Democrat 44
UK Independence Party -5
Green 27


You should vote: Liberal Democrat

The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For

Interesting, huh? I'm just so relieved it didn't tell me I should be a Tory...

In other news, I'm on two weeks annual leave at the moment and have done pretty much bugger all so far. There are definitely things I should be doing but frankly, I just want to slob out while I can. I was, as is inevitably the case when you have some time off work, ill for the first few days with a nasty gastro bug and I'm only now beginning to eat properly again. But it's now half past twelve, and I'm still in my PJs. So sue me.

No comments: