Thursday, March 22, 2007

Is it too early for me to go to bed? I say this because as I write, it's 9.25pm and, having just finished indulging in a lovely long soak in the bath, I want tuck myself straight up.

This happens more and more as I get older. I find that the evening is all about biding my time until I feel it's socially acceptable to go to bed; I look forward to it for hours. A cup of milky coffee, a hot water bottle, a good book, the cats for company, and away I go. A pair of clean pyjamas is a lovely treat too. Oh dear.

I do realise how this sounds, I really do. I know I need to get 'out there' a bit more but sleep is just sooooo nice...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I completely agree. I was in bed at 9.30pm last night with a very good book and clean sheets (I love being in bed first when there are clean sheets on the bed). Sad? Maybe, but I was a snuggly bunny!

Mia said...

Good, I'm not the only one then. My sister thinks I'm mad; she's a real night owl. I should point out that I'm not in bed early every night but it's a little treat when I do...!