Saturday, February 17, 2007

Potty talk

Quick update on how the cats are doing with their toilet training. The amber disc is in place and both Rudy and Gertie have used it although, as expected, it's been a bit hit and miss.

Gertie gets full marks: I was worried when she went over 24 hours without either weeing or pooing, but then suddenly jumped up onto the toilet completely unprompted and gave a text book demonstration of how to poo straight through the hole. She then turned around and gave my howls of obvious delight the most withering look possible, as if to say "Well naturally I could do it all along; I simply chose not to." She chose to do it perfectly again today - 1s and 2s - but only time will tell whether she will continue to humour me.

Rudy is a slightly different story, gawd bless 'im. He has pooed on it twice: the first time I was there and physically repositioned him correctly over the hole once he'd started - he wasn't happy about that, but there you go - and he did seem quite chuffed with himself afterwards. The second time it was at some point early yesterday morning and he did manage to get it on the disc, but not actually through the hole. Today he chose to wee in my pot plant instead. Still, he is a boy, and males of all species tend to take a while to control their bodily functions. I'm going to keep trying until he learns.

Too much information? Don't care. I'm like a new mother regaling all and sundry with tales of the colour and texture of each nappy. You're welcome to play the part of the glazed-over, secretly uninterested and slightly disgusted friend.

No comments: