Thursday, November 25, 2004

Ice Skating Smelling of Lemons

Before heading out last night, I thought I'd put on a little bit of my new perfume oil from the Body Shop, Lemon Tea. It's very fresh and citrussy, as the name suggests, and I thought I'd gently dab a little on my wrists to make me smell nice... unfortunately as I was doing so I managed to tip half the bottle over me, my jeans and my bed cover.

Last night I went ice skating at Kew Gardens with my friends Ellie and Gemma, and a bunch of Kew Gardens employees Ellie works with. Because they all work there we got in free (hurrah!) and it was very pretty, twinkly & Christmassy (oh dear). I'd wrapped up very warm indeed, jumper, thick coat, scarf, hat & gloves only to remember too late that a) it was 12 degrees and b) ice skating is hard work. I was therefore absolutely sweltering and throwing off bits of clothes as I went round and round.

Torvill & Dean (were not there) Posted by Hello

I'm not actually too bad at skating - was a pretty hot rollerskater in my heyday (i.e. when I was 10) - and managed to get 50 minutes into the hour without a single fall. Then, as I was chatting to one of the people Ellie works with, he said he was going to 'go and smash into someone'. Clearly I had earlier been hypnotised and 'smash' had been the trigger word, as the very moment he said it, I fell smack on my arse for absolutely no reason. All his fault.

So the Kew Gardens employees will probably forever more remember me as the girl on the scooter who has a sore arse and smells of lemons.

No comments: