Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Offical petition response

I've much to tell you all, given that I've just come back from two back-to-back roadtrips. However, I haven't got it all together just yet so instead (how annoying am I at the moment with my lack of posting?!) I'll leave you with this, which I received this morning. A while back I signed an official government petition, the full details of which were as follows:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to make Jeremy Clarkson Prime Minister. Jezza is legend and deserves a chance to run the country.

Today we all received an official response from 10 Downing Street which said:

We thought long and hard about the request to make Jeremy Clarkson the Prime Minister and in the end we put our thoughts down in a short film on YouTube.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

They mentioned this on the news today! The criticism was that why was the government wasting money on this when it was clearly a joke. Well 1) many a true word spoken in jest; 2) they said it was cheap to make (or words to that effect),and 3) its good to see the govt has a sense of humour.....oh, on second thoughts not so sure about that one eh, Gordon? I dont suppose he spent his time thinking this one up, although I do think it was a clever idea from his marketing company! Isnt marketing great?!!