Monday, June 02, 2008

Bear with me

So yesterday saw Pepe & I leaving Banff and venturing up to Edmonton, leaving a small present for the remaining members of the Beaver Massive on the coffee table. We decided to take the route along the Icefields Parkway, which is renowned for being picturesque, but the last time I drove along it you couldn't see diddly squat, due to low cloud cover and Pepe had never done that particular route. So after cramming all my stuff into the car - you should
have seen the look on Pepe's face when he saw all my stuff! But only because he had tons too - we set off. We knew it would put a couple of hours on our journey, but thought it would be worth it for the rich and soul-nourishing views.

Well I reckon it was. It took us 7 hours but along the way I saw not one, but TWO bears (which Pepe was heartily unimpressed with: "So it's a bear, get over it! It's only a small one.") and a moose. Sadly not a chocolate one, but you can't have everything I suppose. Pepe was far more excited when we saw a few cars had stopped at the side of the road (usually a sign there was 'nature stuff' around) and saw that some guy had got his car stuck in a ditch. The French are a strange breed indeed.

No comments: