Sunday, November 25, 2007

Easy like Sunday morning

I got 11 hours sleep last night - what luxury! - and have spent today mainly fiddling around on iTunes in my dressing gown eating biscuits. I've created a 'Beaver Nights' playlist of all our fave tunes, am currently doing the playback, i.e. listening to it in sequence to check that all the songs go well together and are in the right order. So much easier these days than when I used to spend hours making mix tapes on cassette; not only did you have to be sat in front of the stereo the whole time lining up the next track and making sure the levels were right, but if you did the playback and decided a song was in the wrong place, or didn't in fact belong on there at all, there was no way of taking it out without redoing the whole side. Many's a tape I remember where one song jarred every time I listened to it. Nowadays, of course, it's all drag and drop into a playlist, where you can do as much adjusting as you like, then sync to your iPod for ultimate portability. Easy as pie. I love modern life. Incidentally, in case you're interested, my favourite song of the moment is the Foo Fighters' The Pretender. Just can't get enough of it.

Last night Laura & I went down to town to watch the Santa Claus festival of lights parade, which was very pretty indeed. My photos suck, sadly, because they're all dark and blurry. But the big guy himself did put in an appearance, which excited Laura no end.

No comments: