Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New life begins in earnest

I've made it to Banff, struggled with my two suitcases, skis and poles, rucksack, handbag AND a stick of french bread (I needed something to nibble on on the journey), made 3 friends on the bus - James, Kate and Chris - who I hope to meet for drinks tonight (haven't mentioned I don't drink yet, I'm not sure they'll take it well), lined up an interview on Wednesday with Sunshine (the biggest ski resort in the area), had an email from the other job I applied for telling me to expect to hear from them shortly if I've been selected for interview (and why the hell wouldn't I be?), found my hostel and chosen my bunk (top bunk - a pain to get into but more privacy). Phew! Quite a day so far. And with excellent timing, Darrell has finally sent me that picture of me in my Bond Girl bikini at the Banff Hot Springs (my local pool now dahlinks) so I thought I'd pass it on to you.

Although I'm not keen on dorm accommodation, I've just found out one of the English girls in my room has got a job working for Gap in the mall. Did anyone say discount?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at you!
(Do you want me to post some oxo cubes?)

Anonymous said...

I'll add to that...Wow!

silas said...

I'll also add a "wow", but I will also say that I've been telling you for a while that you were a "wow" anyway!

And if you need foodstuffs, let me know, although I see I've been beaten to the offer. I'll see if there's a comparison site so you can get the cheaper alternative that they haven't mentioned.