Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The cottage and the bunkey

Megan & I popped over to her parent's place just for one night, getting back yesterday. Their house is huge and it amuses me that they refer to it as a 'cottage'. The little 2 bed cabin, called the 'bunkey', that they have in their grounds (where Megan & I slept) is probably bigger than my flat back home. Amazing how many pictures of the lake I managed to take in just 2 days, but then, it was terribly picturesque. Sadly, the Northern Lights did not make an appearance but the stars, out there in the middle of nowhere and away from all the light pollution, were incredible nonetheless. We also managed to do a spot of quad biking before we left too, so all was good.

Animal watch: elk, coyotes (oh yes, they looked wily alright), deer, birds of prey of some description (possibly eagles but I'm a bit rubbish on birds), minnows (do they count?), a muskrat (though Megan called it a badger, which threw me, as it was in the water).

Catch up with all the rest of the pics here as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Minnows*??!
That first photo is fantastic