Sunday, May 13, 2007

Erm....was I missing something here?

Serbia? Our, admittedly small, Eurovision party put that way down towards the bottom of the list in all catagories: dull song, uncharismatic androgynous singer and a frankly weird performance. Even the FRENCH entry was better than that. THE FRENCH I tells ya. So so so glad to see the UK did not vote for it at all, at least we have good taste. The Greek entry (Yassou Maria) was clearly the best song and was robbed of its rightful victory. Go on, give it a little listen, you know you want to. I did like one of the comments on the Radio 2 message board (yes, I am that sad):

All the UK needs next year then is a little fat Billy Bunter-a-like to belt out a funeral march and it's in the bag.


It was the Oatlands Village Fayre yesterday, which appeared to have upped the ante since I last went, by having a stunt show, culminating in a man setting himself on fire and jumping off a 100ft high tower onto a bouncy castle, which exploded. They also had a stall where, for £2.50, you could drizzle paint onto a piece of card and then spin it, which made it look way cool. I loved it so much I now have a complete series:

No comments: