Tuesday, January 30, 2007

More bargains

I went shopping with Megan the other day in Kingston. It was a bumper day for the bargain hunter; the last dregs of the sale is always my favourite time to go a-looking. I got: three tops from Kew, two soft think jumper type things (one red, one charcoal) and one long blue t-shirt, which looks great with the turquoise belt I also picked up. In Gap, I was looking at a grey jumper which was not, of course, in the sale. I then spotted a different grey top in a very soft t-shirt-type material and decided that, since it was a bit cheaper at £14.50, I'd get that instead. Took it up to the counter and...you guessed it...they said 'That'll be £2.99 please". Fabulous. Uniqlo next, where I found a big thick warm cardigan with a fleecy lining for half price. Then over to Primark to get some new socks and spotted a plain black halterneck bikini for a bargain £5, which - I kid you not - makes me look like a Bond girl. I'm heading off to The Sanctuary tomorrow evening for an evening spa and Nourishing Kyphi Scrub and I bet that no one there will guess that I'm such a cheapskate.

Add this to that the fact that I had my hair done on Saturday at johnbaxterhill in Walton. I went as a model for the trainee again and had a full head of highlights and a cut & blowdry. It was a top job (I had some more red streaks put in and it now looks like the picture I have on my profile again!) and cost me the bargain price of £30 all in.

All in all, a very satisfying weekend.

No comments: