Monday, January 29, 2007

Have just been forced to switch to Blogger Beta (new version) so am hoping that my blog doesn't disappear or do anything strange. Please let me know if it does.

The wonderful Marillion played a gig at Koko in Camden last night; I was there, of course. If you remember, the last time I went to Koko was to see The Buzzcocks with my friend Suzie and I discovered a 'secret' balcony right at the top where there was a row of comfy leather sofas. I thought then that a gig watched while sat on comfy sofas, with a practically private bar and a good view of the stage was almost perfect, and would indeed have been perfect, if the band had been Marillion. Well, last night, I had the opportunity to put this to the test and I am pleased to report that it was as good as expected. My friend Megan and I queued up early in the cold to make sure we were first up there (judging by the crowds that followed us later it seems it's not so secret after all) and managed to secured the centre sofa. Bliss.

The band were, as ever, musical genius incarnate, and I sang my little heart out start to finish. The only slight sticking point came when I noticed that, directly below us two floors down, stood Tudor and his girlfriend Lindsey (we haven't met), right in front of the sound mixing desk, naturally. I'd recognise that bald spot anywhere. Tudes spotted me too and we waved hello. I knew they'd be there because I know Lindsey knows the wife of Marillion's keyboard player Mark Kelly, but a bit of an odd feeling nonetheless. Still, fortunately there was plenty going on on the stage throughout the evening to distract me, so that was good at least. Tudes texted me later to say he'd met Mark Kelly. Lucky lucky bastard. Anyway, nuff said on that one.

No comments: