Saturday, January 03, 2009

Just a few reasons why Isaac is the perfect travelling companion (and boyfriend)

  • He’s always eager to help. If he hasn’t done something before or doesn’t know how to do it, he’ll watch me do it and help in any way he can, following instructions to the letter. Next time round he’ll offer to do it, remember exactly what I said and do it perfectly.
  • If I cook, he’ll insist on washing up. In fact, he won’t even insist, he’ll just get on and do it without any fuss.
  • He washes up to a high standard. If I’ve used a knife to cut bacon for example, you know that the serrated edge of the knife will be clean because he’ll have scrubbed it properly, then checked to make sure it is completely clean. The other day we used a pot to cook with on the gas burner and the bottom was black. He scrubbed and scrubbed it before asking me “How clean do you want it?”
  • In company he is always polite when he should be, friendly when that’s required and quiet when someone else likes to talk. He always gets it spot on.
  • He never assumes there’s anything I should do, like cooking or anything, or anything I can’t do, like fixing stuff. He is equal in all things.
  • He appreciates everything I do, even when I think it’s no big deal.
  • He actually listens to what I say and remembers it, even weeks after.
  • He gets excited about the same things I do, like our power cable and our new fridge.
  • If I ask him to make me a cup of tea while I do something else, he’ll do it without question…and gets the chocolate biscuits out too because he knows that I’ll want them to go with it.
  • He has common sense in abundance and uses it: I asked him recently while we were at Jude & Glynn’s if he would pop out to the van to get my toiletry bag so I could take my make up off. He did so and came back with the hairband that I use to keep my hair off my face while I take my make up off as well, even though I hadn’t asked him for it and it wasn’t even kept next to my bag. He just thought about what I’d need and made sure he brought it.
  • He compliments my driving often.
  • He knows how to say sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blimey. Where can I get one?

Jude said...

Yep, that sounds just like Isaac. Kudos on scoring such a good guy.

Hope you guys are having a bit more fun again now!

Jude
x

Anonymous said...

Bleugh...!