Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whale of a time

I know you probably won't believe me, but the picture on the right is actually of a grey whale. Honestly. I mean, how close did you think we were going to get?!? Actually, we got a lot closer than my pictures seem to suggest. I even got a picture of a whale upping tail and taking a dive, but I swear to god you'd have to max out your furtive imagination to work out that the tiny black dot on that photo was a whale's tail, so I thought I'd go with this one, even though it is hardly much better. Ah well, we saw 2 grey whales, a bunch of sea lions and a few sea otters to boot, so I'm certainly not complaining. We also managed not to look remotely ridiculous in our red floater suits* and had a cool time bookin' it across the waves catching tons of sweet air**, so a damn good day all round. I did, however, neglect to wear waterproof mascara (a good tip for any of you who plan to do this in future***) and so ended up looking like I was off to an Alice Cooper tribute evening, but hey ho.


*no, really, we didn't. You're wrong.
**can you tell I hang out with teenagers alot?
***yes Silas, I do mean you

3 comments:

silas said...

I found tattooing my eyeliner on was more effective. And I do have lovely long eyelashes anyway!

And no, you don't look in the least bit ludicrous in those floater suits.

Jenny said...

The suits look GREAT - like RAF pilots or something. I did laugh out loud though, as your expression in the photo looks like Toni!!

Mia said...

I DO look like Toni in that shot, don't I?! Maybe she's NOT an alien baby after all...

(sorry Tone!)