Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chicks dig skills

I realise I've been a bit quiet recently, because Darrell has arrived and it's been all go over here at the Beaver. Last night we ended up having an impromptu 'circus skills' party, would you believe. Sparkle Barbie Horse began proceedings by balancing on a plank of wood on a log, then balancing successfully on the plank of wood on top of a keg (jumping up to do so) and then by getting out his diabolo and doing that while he balanced. Damn talented man; he got the skills baby. We all had a go, I was slowly getting the hang of both the balancing and the diabolo by the end of the night. I will post pictures/video soon, but it won't be tonight because when I get home from work we're picking up a minivan and Darrell, Kate, Chelsea, Laura, Andrew & I are all heading over to Revelstoke to ski/ride for a couple of days and stay in a 6 person suite at the Super8 Motel. Hurray!



By the way, in contrast to the post below, I'm really sad about Mark Speight. I'm too old to have grown up with SMart, but I knew who he was and I've been following the story unfold from over here. Given the circumstances of his fiancee's death, I can imagine it would be a real struggle to come to terms with what happened. Poor chap.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I am also very sad about Mark Speight. Again (being of the same age as you) I didn't grow up watching him. I had a bad feeling the day they announced he had gone missing that it would end tragically.

Jenny said...

Yes, sad news indeed about Mark Speight. I was already grown up when I started watching SMart with Liddi as we are both big fans of art. Mark was talented and inspiring in his art and a lovely, good looking bloke. It's awful to think that someone could feel so sad that they don't think it's worth going on with life. He would have felt better in time with some help, but sadly that will never happen now.

Jenny said...

I remember when Liddi was little, she came back excited from school one day saying that she wanted to join the after school club of 'circus training'. Sounded like fun! Juggling...balancing...clowning around? When I picked her up from the first class, she was disappointed to report that all they did was lots of running around the gym. Ah....circuit training!!