Friday, July 20, 2007

Big night

As you may have guessed, my internet access is, at best, sporadic. I've just been staying at my friends Sophie & Dan's while they've been on holiday* and they don't have wireless broadband (the heathens!) and I swear to God** I felt like I'd been cut off from the whole universe. Which, in a sense, I suppose I was.

Anyway, enough of this nonsense. Tonight is, as you will no doubt be aware, a momentous and long-awaited occasion. HP7: the saga comes to a close. At once both incredibly exciting and incredibly sad. I shall be collecting my copy at midnight and reading through the night, each turn of the page an intrepid journey into the unknown. I shall race to finish it, heart in mouth and hands all a-tremble, and cry when I do; of that I have no doubt. Then I'll turn to page 1 and begin again.

I shan't post any spoilers, rest assured.

*I seem to have given up on bed rating, because I keep forgetting to take pictures: sorry
**a.k.a. Silas the Hobbit

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I haven't started it yet though it arrived this morning (the postman handed it over saying "Harry POtter" - I guess he'd got a few in his bag!). Cameron has read the last few pages but is keeping schtum under pain of death.

Mia said...

How could he do that?!?!?!?! How could he?

You married a mentaller.